Of course yes, all you need to do is to approach your bankers with the CSCS statements of your shareholding and complete their prescribed forms by which procedure you would pledge the dematerialized shares to the bank.

The lender bank will then place a lien on the shares in question by submitting your duly executed forms along with your submitted CSCS statements to the Central Securities Clearing System (CSCS) for authentication.

Once this process is completed, the borrower cannot access the shares until the lien on the shares is lifted by the CSCS upon repayment of the loan.

%d bloggers like this: