To dematerialize your shares, you need to do the following:
- Open a CSCS account today using your stockbrokers if you do not have one already.
- Surrender all the share certificates you want to dematerialize to the company’s registrars through
your stockbroker along with the duly completed prescribed forms.
- As you complete the forms pay attention to the names and the order in which they appear on the certificates to ensure you maintain the same order in the forms.
- The registrar, upon receiving the completed forms from your broker, will confirm your details and signatures on the forms and if satisfied will send them to the depository called Central Securities Clearing System (CSCS) for dematerialization into electronic statements of shareholding.
- You will then receive a CSCS statement showing all the shares you hold in the different companies and their
- You can then cross check the CSCS statement to ensure that all the certificates you submitted have been entered.